Sales by Tender
Do you have assets you need to dispose of but are wary of auctions?
The recent high volume of plant auctions in the UK and Europe has had a negative impact on the market value of second-hand plant and equipment. To counter this, Spa Asset Management has recently used tender sales as an innovative and cost-effective method of disposing of their clients’ surplus assets. Tender sales have been used as a method of successfully selling property for many years but Spa Asset Management now has a successful model that allows you to sell your surplus plant, cranes and equipment assets by tender to a truly global market.
The tender has numerous advantages over other methods of selling:-
1. Tenders attract only genuine buyers
2. The sale date is set to create a sense of urgency amongst buyers
3. You determine the terms and conditions
4. Assets are sold from your premises so no transport costs are incurred
5. Assets can continue to be used right up to the date of sale
6. Tenders remove the necessity to set a price for your asset
7. Increases number of prospective buyers viewing your assets as no price is published
8. Confidentiality - Tenders are confidential as the sale price is generally not public knowledge
9. Tenderers are forced to go straight to their best price
10. Very little work is required on the part of the vendor
Advantages over Auction
- Auction requires two keen bidders to push the price up whereas tender requires only one.
- At Auction the final sale price is set by the weakest of the highest two bidders - the highest bidder may well be prepared to go further.
- Auction rules out buyers that do not have pre-approved finance.
- Much lower commission scale
- No sale, no fee
Advantages over stating an “asking price”
- Stating an asking price puts a ceiling on the potential sale price.
- A Tenderer may well offer more than a vendor expects.
When you sell by TENDER your assets will be on display to
- The thousands of world-wide contacts on our global database of buyers
- Online at spaassetmanagement.com
- Online and in print through our targeted advertising campaigns in specialist publications
So, if you have slow-moving or redundant assets you were considering auctioning, Spa now invites you test the water with a tender sale. Remember that if the items do not sell there is no cost to you whatsoever.
All we require are some good quality photos of your equipment and accurate descriptions – we then set to work and market the kit at no cost to you. Only when the equipment sells do we deduct our commission from the final sale price.
To discuss how tender sales can turn your surplus assets into cash in a cost-effective way, please call us on 07508 028495 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.